Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Final Project Proposal~Devin Eric Meyers~Florida Boy in the City.

      For my final project I decided to work on Architectural Photography. Mainly the old and new buildings of Portland's West side. In Florida we never had too many tall buildings, and other than the old Victorian style homes in the downtown neighborhoods, there was nothing older than 40 years old. We also don't have fall color in florida, so every Fall I try to get out shooting as much as possible. Also I'm really interested in how the lines,shapes, colors, and lighting interacts in the city, and I like to capture the beauty of decay. In Portland there are some really old cathedrals and stone buildings that are slowly falling apart, right next to new shimmering skyscrapers. I think the juxtaposition is cool. Also fire escapes, we dont have those in Florida. One of my favorite things is walking around aimlessly in town taking pictures. Just following where my eye leads me. Sometimes I will walk in circles, sometimes far in one direction. Ever corner holds another treasure to be framed in.

I found an architectual photographer who is based in the NW. His name is Lincoln Barbor. His style is a lot like how I want mine to be and he notices some of the same things I do as well. He captures the patterns and flow of shapes in Portland and Seattle very well.  http://www.lincolnbarbour.com/portfolios/architectural/#1

Here are some of the Photos I have taken so far. I have about a thousand to sort through just from within the time frame of this project.












No comments:

Post a Comment