This blog is an interactive forum for students enrolled in the Fall Term of PHD 101, Introduction to Photography & Design, at the Art Institute of Portland. Assignments and in-class exercises will be posted on the blog, and students will use it to comment on instructor posts about contemporary photography in order to build visual literacy. The objective is to extend discussion beyond the classroom, enabling students to develop critical thinking skills about photography.
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Project Proposal
I want to explore both the art of still life photography, and portrait photography, and ways in which they can be used in conjunction with each other. To achieve this, I want to get portraits of people (people I know and some I don't), and also do a still life of whatever's in their pockets at that moment, and present them as diptychs. I hope that by the end of this, the still lifes and the portraits should give the viewer some insight into the personality of the people in the photos.
Peter Lippman's still life photographs are what inspired me to explore the still life genre, but I wasn't able to find many photographers that incorporated both still life and portraiture simultaneously, and the ones I did find didn't really stand out to me as much as Lippman.
peterlippmann.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment