Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mitchell Carmody, Personal Project Proposal






For my Personal Project I wanted to focus on nature and wildlife photography, to do this, I went/plan on returning to the Oregon Zoo to photograph the wildlife there using the telephoto lenses available through the Cage. I wish to focus on wildlife photography because (not to sound cheesy) I love animals, I think they're super cool and photographing them in their natural habitat is a real joy for me, and it is something I would defiantly like to do in the future.

Some inspiration for my wildlife photography is a photographer names Jim Brandenburg, a Minnesota native who has spend 3 decades shooting for Nat Geo, Time, Life, Smithsonian, and much much more. and his work is a big inspiration to me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work so far -- the more you can focus close on the animal in order to eliminate the obvious zoo environs, the more our attention will be drawn to the animal, its expression, textures, etc. The last one doesn't feel like it fits with the others. Think a little more about what you're trying to convey through these animal portraits > is it about personifying the animals? Examining formal qualities like shape & texture?

    ReplyDelete